We had a great week of camping with our ward Ohana July 22-27. Geo and the 3 oldest stayed the whole week. Since Geo is in the AirForce, he's in charge of booking the whole thing. The closer the campout came, I was second guessing the wisdom in me staying over with a 7 week old child, but still wanted to join in the fun somehow. So, I booked myself a cabin! Ha! It was perfect! Erik, Cole and I stayed three days. The first night I stayed, I listened to the ocean and felt the breeze on my face and felt like I was in heaven. (I haven't slept that well in a while) And then I realized it was Pioneer Day. ha! Those pioneers would think I was the biggest wimp ever! But, I think if they had the choice to stay in a cabin with their babies, they'd have been right there with me! Here's lots of photos of our fun week:
 |
| A boy can never be without his sword! |
 |
| nothin' better than eating cereal outside |
 |
| Lu loved staying up with the big girls playing games |
 |
| All the kids want to sit on Aunty Lovey's lap! |
 |
| check out that beautiful morning! |
 |
Lu and I had to get out and take some pics (just steps from the back of our cabin). |
We had some great beach mornings and one in particular where I took so many pictures that it needs it's own post. :)
We joined the Naluai family at a little spot of the beach by the bridge. The tide was low and the kids found all sorts of creatures including crabs, little fish, shells, portuguese man-of-war jellyfish, and even three baby turtles (about the size of a child's fist)!
 |
Erik with baby Amalia - 9 months different Running girls: Eve, Belinua, Elise, Lu |
Another exciting find was a dead pig. Nasty. The girls were very interested. Boys... not so much.
different day... different section of beach.
The big thing this day was making sand balls (Mine got as big as my head and much heavier than Erik) and boobie traps in the sand.
 |
| kids glued to the TV while Geo and I cleaned the cabin |
 |
| lots of games of war with Tutu Mataele |
Last night of camp was the ward dinner. The ribs were especially fantastic. At dark, the cub scouts had den meeting there with a s'mores roast. Afterwards, they went crabbing at the beach. Austin was in heaven and has mentioned a few times that he wants to go back! The crabs are pretty small and a lot of work for just a bit of meat, but the fun is in the catching!
It was a great week! One thing I'll remember is sitting around listening to people sing and play ukulele. I looked over at a teary-eyed George who whispered, "Camping in the mainland isn't quite like this. I'll miss it." And so will the rest of us!
3 comments:
Whatever. . .the pioneers looked down and said "what a good woman to stay inside. I would have totally taken that option instead of the accommodations we had." I am glad you guys had fun
Oh the view of that ocean...I can feel the breeze just looking at it. So glad the camp was enjoyed by all, especially Geo.
What a delightful experience! Such fun pictures. I can tell the kids had a wonderful time.
Post a Comment