6 little feet

6 little feet

Sunday, August 18, 2013

8 is great: Lucy's Baptism


Big thanks to Aunty Lacey for helping w the invite and for taking all the photos below

Lucy chose to be baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints on August 17.  In our church, children are not baptized automatically, but after age 8 are given the opportunity if they desire.  Lucy has been so excited to be baptized!  It was such a special day for us as parents as well.  We are so pleased with the young lady she has become and know if she continues on the path of goodness, she will be happy.  We had a lot of family from the mainland join us, which was wonderful.  Friends from Lucy's school, ukulele class, George's work, and many of our church ohana attended.  What a lot of people to support Lucy as she strives to choose the right! 

Two of my favorite things about Lucy's baptism:
- The look on her face as she came out of the water... pure joy!
- Aunty Lina has been helping her get a special ukulele number ready for the program.  I wish I could have videoed the real thing... but here is a practice.  Aunty Natalie played piano and the trio sounded beautiful.  Lucy doesn't smile when she gets nervous, but other than that, it was the best she's ever done.  I hope I always remember that sweet and pure look on her face as she sang.
So glad cousin Gracie could fly in with Uncle Chris to join in on the celebration! 

Afterwards, we had a yummy feast.  It made everything more fun to have so many people we love with us.  A big MAHALO to the family for running errands, frosting cookies, setting tables, cutting fruit, picking up the pig, etc.  And a big MAHALO to our ward ohana for bringing side dishes and desserts and staying afterwards to clean the whole place with us.  I was so impressed (but not surprised) as people just pitched in putting tables away, dividing up leftovers, mopping floors, etc.  Thanks to all that help, everything turned out really nice!

kill the fatted cow ... I mean, pig
Aunty Pua (Lucy's hula teacher) carving it up!
The Polys say da skin's da best.
I gave it a try but I'm not convinced  :)
Before...

During :)
Great friends!
Halle, Lucy, Sarai, Sydnee, and Gracie



Austin with his jam "blood"

Aunty Lina - best teacher you could have

After :)
Mahalo for the leis and gifts!


Love you sweet Lucy!
So proud of the decisions you are making.  You are a wonderful girl and loved by many.

3 comments:

Liz said...

Such a special blog! I am so glad you have the rehearsal of her song recorded. It was so wonderful to listen to it again! Way to go Lucy on choosing to be baptized! We were truly blessed to share the occasion with you and your family. Wonderful smile by Erick. He seems as happy as the rest of us.

Kevin and Kristen said...

So sweet! That was a beautiful performance she did on the ukele and singing. I am so impressed! It looks like it was a beautiful day!

Lacey said...

What a great day!!!! I'm so happy we were there to experience it all with you! Lu is so sweet playing her uke and singing. Very neat.